Saturday 8 March 2008

The Triple Crown , The French And Melweg


So - "where has he been ?" you ask. The answer is all over Western Europe but frequently in London and Amsterdam.

First up however, today Wales won the Triple Crown. This will mean nothing to those of you who live outside the UK (unless you live in France or Italy) but tonight has been party night in Cardiff and "National Pride" has finally been restored.

Next Saturday we play France in Cardiff for the Championship and the Grand Slam.

Win and Cardiff won't sleep for a week.


Then there was Melweg in Amsterdam and The Gutter Twins (Mark Lanegan and Greg Dulli ; both American citizens but you've never heard of them I guess).

To say this was a mind blowing experience would be an understatement. 6 hours sleep in 3 days and the "horror drive" of all time back from Bristol Airport.

And London - God I hate the place now. Meetings about PSBA (Public Sector Broadand Aggregation). Yes people ; he really does work for a living and this project might just kill me or my collegue Ben who's been made to suffer also.

"Dead Blog" Ferfe ? No - not yet. I want to see some sunshine and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Next stop Barcelona.

Hugs to all.

11 comments:

Karen Scott said...

Well at least Chelsea lost to a non-premiership side, and we didn't.

Congrats on Wales' win!

You're travelling has been a lot more interesting than mine at least, Hampshire for three days, London for the night, and Stirling for the day, as well as a trip to Bolton to watch the Bolton/Liverpool fixture. I know, I live an exciting life.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

But you said you LOVE London. And your little tour sounds wonderful.

Not much traveling here. To the shore where it's still chilly and NYC to the Museum of Natural History and then to a little zoo that is taking in frogs that are endangered by the African clawed frog that has some bacteria that is killing all of our native frogs. We're amphibiphiles.

Daffodils and crocus are starting to peek out their greens so Spring will eventually arrive.

Eva

EL PADRONE said...

Hi Karen,

Not too worried about the F A Cup - 3rd priority after all and with Cardiff winning I guess my heart is going to Wembley anyway ; just not quite with the team I expected !


Hi Eva,

Lovely to see you here : it's been a long, cold funny sort of Winter for me this year.

I love London when I'm allowed to have fun but not when I'm press-ganged into taking the 6:30 train so I can go to the most boring meeting in the history of civilisation with the kind of computer geeks who make me want to throw up.

As you say - spring is on the way but you wouldn't believe it in the UK where we got hammered by storms last night and I got about 3 hours sleep.

I suffer you know ?

** smooches kiddo **

Pink Icing said...

A Welsh Grand Slam - this isn't the '70's

I'm in heaven right???

Crashdummie said...

what what what! U've become quite a vagabond merlin! Good for you - maybe you can give some advise what to do in amsetrdam as i'll be heading there next month :)

Crashdummie said...

dude, where you at?

FerfeLaBat said...

Still a dead blog ;-)

Ann Vremont said...

you're off hiding at some other URL, aren't ya?

SteamyDreamer said...

I miss you! I can walk now, where do I send your presents?

FerfeLaBat said...

I think he's dead.

SteamyDreamer said...

Glad to see you are alive **smooch** was getting worried about you! So you going to be home anytime soon to get a package?