Friday 19 October 2007

El Padrone ( On His Birthday).

A short time ago - I believe on Eva Gales's blog ( smooches to you sweetie) I think I explained that I'd been "away" for a while shedding my skin again and turning into a (slightly) different person. This happens every few years ; to me anyway.

I'm not sure if I like this guy yet, but at least he seems to be happy - or totally smashed.

What the hell ? It was my birthday.




I was a quick wet boy
Diving too deep for coins
All of your straight blind eyes
Wide on my plastic toys
And when the cops closed the fair
I cut my long baby hair
Stole me a dog-eared map
And called for you everywhere

Have I found you?
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping
Or lost you?
American mouth
Big bill looming

Now I’m a fat house cat
Cursing my sore blunt tongue
Watching the warm poison rats
Curl through the wide/white fence cracks
Kissing on magazine photos
Those fishing lures thrown in the cold and clean
Blood of Christ mountain stream

Have I found you?
Flightless bird, brown hair bleeding
Or lost you?
American mouth
Big bill, stuck going down

11 comments:

Eva Gale said...

You look quite happy! Keep it that way!

Holly said...

Well Hell, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And I agree, you do look happy...and so it should be.

EL PADRONE said...

For the record I should point out that it was 3:00 in the morning and I'm wearing a dressing gown because I'm trying to think if I can get to bed or not.

Kayed said "my scarf would look really good with that".

M.

EL PADRONE said...

Eva,

If only - it's not as if there's a recipe.

Hi Holly - how's things ?

SteamyDreamer said...

Happy Birthday M!

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~ Lucille Ball

Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~ Jack Benny

It's a medically proven fact that people with the most birthdays live the longest. Therefore, birthdays are good for you! ~Author Unknown

We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it.
~Author Unknown

EL PADRONE said...

Steamy,

Thank-you. It's not age that worries me so much as wondering what I'm going to do ; I need a new challenge and I know it.

M.

Karen Scott said...

Yes, I'm glad we're back to being more than a 1-0 team. At least something went right sporting-wise this weekend.

My other half asked me if I'd rather United lose three points, and the England rugby team won, or vice versa. I have to it was a very close thing. United getting all three points just about edged it for me. *g*

Now if he'd have asked me in relation to Lewis Hamilton, well the answer would have easily been United to lose the three points. Does that mean I'm not a true red? *g*

EL PADRONE said...

Karen,

No such problem if you live in Wales.

3 points for United every time.

(No interest in Formula 1 motor racing at all - there's no "sport" left in it).

M.

Ann Vremont said...

Iron and Wine - music's all about the lyrics for you, isn't it? (Okay, we'll give it an 80/20 split?)

The only time you should let a girl dress you at 3 am in the morning is when she prefaces the attempt with "OMG, that sounds like my husband's car."

:-)

EL PADRONE said...

Ann,

On the contrary. Music is all about the music for me ; I very rarely notice the lyrics unless something "special" catches my attention.

But you can't post a melody of course.

About the only real exception to this is Bob Dylan where the lyrics are everything.

When it comes to words "The Idiot Wind" might just be the greatest song ever written.

(It certainly nails me down perfectly).

M.

EL PADRONE said...

PS Kayed is a man - not a woman.

A 17 year old gay Muslim to be precise ; I keep him as my house-boy.

M.